UPA Auctions is not an Approvals Service. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse orders from clients regularly treating UPA Auctions as an Approvals Service.
Ordering with UPA Direct is acceptance of these terms; this does not affect your NO QUIBBLE full refund guarantee.
• Lots are shipped after payment in full.
• Payment is due within 14 days of invoices being issued.
• Please remember to quote your invoice number when making payment – failure to do so will delay despatch of your goods.
We accept payment by the following methods:
• Visa / Mastercard
NB – we do not accept American Express or Diners Club.
– We do not accept card payments for goods that are not shipped under our own transit insurance.
– We reserve the right to delay shipping goods for card payments with a high fraud screening score. In such circumstances we reserve the right to request payment by alternative means.
• Cheques (payable to UPA) drawn on a UK Sterling account (please allow 7 days to clear)
• Cheques (payable to UPA) drawn on a $ USD account from mainland banks only (please allow 28 days for cheques to clear)
• Bank transfer (net of bank charges) to account:
– Bank: Santander UK plc
– Account Name: N W P J Ltd T/A Omniphil Andrew S McGavin
– BIC: ABBYGB2LXXX
– IBAN: GB84 ABBY 0901 5004 8968 15
– Sort Code: 090150
– Account Number: 04896815
• PayPal – to account email@example.com quoting your invoice number as your reference. Payment should be made in GBP British Pounds.
– Payment over two, three or four monthly instalments is available to clients with invoices in excess of £60.
– There is no extra charge for this service but lots are only despatched upon completion of payment or subject to status (i.e. long established UPA client).
– Please make this request when placing your order.
EXTENSIONS FOR CERTIFICATES POLICY
• Requests for extension time to obtain a certificate must be made in writing not less than 48 hours before the auction closing time.
• The name of the proposed expert or expert committee must be provided for our approval.
• The reason for requesting an extension must be stated.
• Requests for extensions are on the basis of authenticity, not condition unless specifically approved by UPA.
• Extensions are for single items/sets only value in excess of £100.
• Requests for extensions for items already bearing a certificate will not be accepted unless specifically approved by UPA.
• UPA will submit the item(s) for expertisation unless specifically agreed otherwise.
• Items will not be submitted until payment has been received, unless specifically approved by UPA.
• The purchaser pays for the certificate. If the item is not authenticated, UPA will pay for the certificate.
• Any item described as having faults may not be returned if other faults are mentioned on the certificate of authenticity.
NB – Your statutory rights and UPA 30 day total guarantee are not affected.
GUARANTEE & RETURNS POLICY
• All lots are guaranteed such that any lot may be returned for a full refund. No Quibble. 1st class mail (or standard air mail) is ok for most things but we recommend that you get a proof of posting from the post office in case the item were to go missing. If you are returning goods in excess of £250 we request that you return them by Special Delivery (or Registered Airmail). Goods in excess of £250 returned by 1st class mail (or standard air mail) will be deemed to have been returned at your own risk.
• Lots must be returned in the condition they were received (in their entirety in their original stockcards or packaging) within 30 days of purchase. Returned lots may not be accepted by UPA if they have been tampered with, e.g. immersed in water, marked by an expert or expert committee, or treated by any other process, unless UPA’s express permission has first been obtained in writing.
• We request that you state the reason for returning any item. This does not affect our guarantee, but it does help us in processing the returned items.
• We are happy to either refund you for anything returned to us, or if you prefer we can hold the amount as a credit-note which you can use towards your next auction invoice. Please specify.
• Please allow up to 30 days for your return to be processed.