Our contact details
Registered Name: New World Philatelic Jobbers Ltd. t/a Universal Philatelic Auctions (UPA)
Address: Unit 4 The Old Coalyard, Northleach, Gloucestershire, GL54 3HE, UK
Phone Number: 01451 861111
Website: www.upastampauctions.co.uk; www.upa-direct.co.uk
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Payment information
- Demographic information (for example, preferences and interests)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When you contact us (such as by email, post, phone or fax)
- When you complete forms on our website, requesting our products or services
- When you submit auction bids or place an order for any of our products or services
- When you use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- If you are new to us, we may ask for a reference source to contact to obtain a reference regarding your custom with them.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Manage your account
- Process your order, request or auction bids submissions
- Contact you with special offers on other products or services we think you might like
- Improve our products and services
We may share this information for the following reasons:
- When you provide us as a reference to another company, asking them to contact us regarding your custom with us.
- When we process your order it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent – You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored using suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect your personal data from loss, theft and unauthorised access. We keep your personal data for as long as required to complete the purpose it was collected, and for legal and accounting requirements.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, UK
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk